Sunday, July 8, 2012

Parker's Very Last Bottle

It's here. Tonight is the night. I've put this off for a couple of months, knowing that we'd be traveling a bunch this summer. Part of me doesn't want this to end. Ever. But I have to do it. The thing is, he's pretty much weaned himself off the bottle I give him at bed time, only sometimes taking a few swigs before I lay him down. Getting rid of the bottle will definitely be harder on me, the Mama. Parker is so independent. He walks around his room at night, talking, playing with books and puzzles and being a silly boy. I only get a few snuggles and maybe a song or two. But if I stick the bottle in his mouth, he'll occasionally snuggle up to me like a little baby if he's thirsty. Oh how I will miss the sound of his sucking...silly, right? Since this was such a big deal, we took lots of pictures. No looking back! Hopefully tomorrow night will be smooth sailing.
parkerjuly_025
parkerjuly_026
parkerjuly_027
parkerjuly_028
parkerjuly_029

No comments: