Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year {2012}.

Liz had been emailing me for weeks, and then she presented me with about six different scenarios...all of them with me spending NYE in College Station with all the other friends. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to be with my friends. It'd been waaaaay too long since I hugged their necks, shared some laughs and had quality girl talk. I just wasn't so sure I wanted to pack another back and make another road trip. After flip-flopping between staying in SA and missing my friends {didn't I learn the last time I turned down a visit?}, I finally made a decision. Parker, Honey, Harley and I packed a few bags and stowed away into Mom's suburban as it was headed back to Nav on December 29th. Daniel drove in and we loaded up for a surprise visit to College Station. I loved that Liz and Jen ran through the door and straight into my arms. Oh, how I ache to live nearer to those two. A part of me misses them every single day. We all ate dinner, shared some fun news, took a group pic and then I headed back to Nav to put Park down for the night. We went out to the Roop's farm and shared some girly drinks around the campfire before ending up at the Streight's CS condo where we talked until 2am. Oh, by the way, I left Parker for the night. Yep, it wasn't so bad...and I was only 20 minutes away. After hugging necks I spent NYD in Nav - napping with my boy. Daniel and I had a special night away from Park and we spent it slumber partying with the Larkins in CS. It was great to get some one on one time -- our first since the big move. Sheeesh, we love the four of them! I'm so so so glad I listened to my heart and not my stubborn head. I never regret time with good friends.
parkerdecember11_073
Sawyer and Parker -- born 6 days apart.
parkerdecember11_074
Super blessed to be spending 2012 with this sweetie pie.
parkerdecember11_075
Grant, Jen, Jason, Sawyer, Steph, Liz, Brandon, Trish, Ben, Jim, Lily, Liz and us!
parkerdecember11_076
Cuties!
parkerdecember11_077
Everyone but Parker. Thanks for all the wonderfulness, friends.

No comments: