Friday, August 19, 2011

Parker {Four Months}

Parker man,
Oh my goodness! I blinked and this month flew by. Your fourth month has been an emotional one for your Mama. The soon-to-be move away from Houston has me all over the place. Fortunately, you are my constant and I can always count on you to need me. It's been just the two of us a lot since Daddy has started working in Pearsall. Though I miss him and crave some adult conversation, I absolutely love my time alone with you. You have been so sweet to your Mama and have slept your very best! Thank you! You've grown up quite a bit this month and are trying lots of new big boy things like sitting up, eating food, playing in a jumper, wiggling out of your bath tub and even rolling over.
parkerfourmonths - 2
You look at mama like 'seriously, didn't we just do this?'...I feel the same way.
parkerfourmonths - 1
Chunky man!
parkerfourmonths - 3
Something got your attention! You are super attentive.
Eating - You are a BIG eater. You're drinking 4oz bottles every 3-4 hours. It isn't a big deal for you to go past 3 hours anymore. Whew. Thank goodness. You used to have me running to the fridge. You also don't mind if your bottles are cold which is great since we're on the go so much. As far as the night time goes, I only have to get up to feed you one big 5-6oz bottle and then you go right back to sleep. Sadly, you have started spitting up A LOT. I'm putting Mylanta in your bottles, along with a few tablespoons of cereal to thicken it up, and it has helped a little. I know you have a touch of reflux, but so far, you don't seem to be hurting much. We did try rice cereal this month and you stuck out your tongue to taste it. I tasted it so I'd know what you were eating and YUCK. I don't think I'll be feeding you that again. I'm going to make your baby food at home so we'll try avocado and sweet potatoes first and see how you like them. I'm excited to get you on solids and know that you'll love to eat.
parkerfourmonths - 4
parkerfourmonths - 5
Sleeping - You are such a good sleeper now. Every time we go to the Larkin's you take a great nap on Liz's pillows. It makes me laugh. You love how plush and snuggly they are so I've started putting you on my pillows when we're at home. You slept through the night for the first time on the 26th of July {10:55 pm - 6:00 am}. I was such a happy Mama! You LOVE for Mama to put you to sleep and don't quite do as well if someone other than me is the one to try. At night, you're sleeping  from the time I put you down {usually around 8-9pm} until about 2am . When you wake up, you drink a bottle and let me put you right back down. Most nights you sleep in your PNP until it's time to get up for the day...sometimes you end up in my bed for the last couple of hours of sleep. I don't mind too much. I love snuggling with you!
parkerfourmonths - 7
parkerfourmonths - 6
Measurements - At your well check on August 19th, you were 15 pounds, 26 inches long and your head was 16 3/4 inches. You've doubled your weight since birth and are so long that you now spill out of my lap when I hold you. I can't believe how big you are!
parkerfourmonths - 8
parkerfourmonths - 9
parkerfourmonths - 19
All About You  - You are the sweetest baby man! You are acting all grown up, Parker boy. When I lay you down, even just to change your diaper, you do baby crunches to try and sit up on your own. You have been so great, so easy while your Daddy has been away working. We miss Daddy so much! I appreciate what great company you are, the way you make me feel loved and needed each day. My favorite thing is to see you smile and watch you as you play. You're a happy boy most of the time. We took you to meet Grandma Sue's sisters and you laughed and laughed at Aunt Pat when she tickled you - what a sweet sound! I have to watch you extra close in the bath tub since you like to wiggle down and throw your legs over board. I don't need you jumping into the tub! When I hold you, you crawl up me! I don't think you're ever still - maybe when you're fast asleep. There's a lot going on in our house as we prepare to move to San Antonio. You are being so good and are adjusting to every little crazy thing we encounter. I feel so so blessed that you are mine. I can't wait to settle in at our new house and enjoy spending more time together.
parkerfourmonths - 10
parkerfourmonths - 11
parkerfourmonths - 18
Likes - walking around, looking at new things {you are very curious}, sitting up {we can prop you up in the corner of the couch or put you in your bumbo}, standing up - you can bear your own weight for a long time, kicking/ pushing against things, putting your hands in your mouth, sitting in your jumper and discovering new toys, being talked to {you love attention!}, bath time, your o-ball, laying in your crib for a little bit
parkerfourmonths - 12
parkerfourmonths - 13
parkerfourmonths - 17
Dislikes - having to wait for a bottle when you're hungry, being left alone too long {you want to be everywhere we are}, lotion after a bath,
parkerfourmonths - 14
parkerfourmonths - 15
parkerfourmonths - 16
Happy Heaven Day to our beloved Emily Ann. We still miss you so very much. How I wish you were here to entertain my Parker. He would laugh at you over and over.

No comments: