Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Last Time I Saw You.

As I sit on the beach with my morning beer, I can't help but think about you. I can see the shadows of the dragonflies in the white sand as they zoom overhead. Oh, Emily. A year ago I watched you walk through the house in your baggy athletic shorts and tshirt and throw yourself on the couch to sit, legs intertwinded, with Jordan. I listened to your loud laughter and your smart mouth. I smiled as you told me stories about working at The Bistro...I couldn't really imagine my sassy Emily making salads and serving food, but you were a pro at it. You were grown up enough to drive a car full of people to Outback as we celebrated Hannah's birthday. You made us laugh at dinner. A day later, your too-tall self stood with your chest pressed to mine as we hugged goodbye. I couldn't get over your dark hair and the fact that you'd be a junior. You'd grown up so fast. This July 7th, all I have are dragonflies and my sweet memories. I miss you and wish you were sitting on the beach beside me. I can't believe it's been one whole year since I last saw your face.
0
Pictures you took of Hannah!
1
Pictures you took in the car! You are so beautiful.

No comments: